Tourism operators in Australia who have their tour, attraction or accommodation accredited under the Eco Certification Program can genuinely claim to provide an authentic ecotourism product.
The Eco Certification Program is globally recognised to assists travellers to choose and experience a genuine and authentic tour, attraction, cruise or accommodation that is environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
The ECO Certification program assures travellers that certified products are backed by a strong, well managed commitment to sustainable practices and provides high quality nature-based tourism experiences.
What is Eco Tourism?
Eco Tourism is defined as "Ecologically sustainable tourism with a primary focuses on experiencing a natural attraction and fosters environmental and cultural understanding, appreciation and conservation."
Wavelength holds the highest level of EcoTourism Accreditation. As Advanced Eco Accredited Tour Operators, we adhere strictly to the following NEAP Principles:
- We focus on allowing our clients to personally experience nature in ways that lead to greater understanding and appreciation.
- We integrate opportunities to understand nature into each experience.
- We represent the best practices for ecologically sustainable tourism.
- We positively contribute to the ongoing conservation of natural areas.
- We provide constructive ongoing contributions to local communities.
- We consistently meet client expectations.
- Our marketing is accurate and leads to realistic expectations.
Always check your tour operators Eco certifications - it's good for you, and it's good for the environment!